About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Update

I feel like I got alot done this weekend but don't have alot to show for it. I now have 3 finished MW3 Dunny's and they are looking better with each one I finish. Man it takes a while to finish just 1 but I anticipate being done with them in 10 days max. That includes the inner mini Dunny. I also finished 1 of the 4 variant head Headless Horseman that I was supposed to have done months ago as gifts. The sculpts have been sitting on my desk for almost a year I just couldn't get to them.

Other than that I planted some trees with an organization on Saturday. Some friends of ours invited us and Amanda and I went. Not only did we plant 6 trees but we excavated several shopping carts that could have been more than a decade old. One of them was a Woolworth cart and I can't remember the last time I actually saw a Woolworth.

I went to an art crawl on Saturday night and saw some cool work from what you might call the low brow scene here in Atlanta. One of the shows was inspired by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. We didn't spend too much time in the galleries though. We checked out the work and before long we got a bit turned off by the pretentious aura of most of the people there which seems odd to me for low brow art.

I also got in 2 new pretty large projects. 1 is a custom dinosaur sculpt that will be compatible with both Glyos vinyl and ABS, and the other is a 5 piece Gatchaman set. Both are gonna rule.




No comments:

Post a Comment