About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend Update

I had a pretty productive weekend again. I always relish the weekend because I get to sit at home and work most of it, and get to hang out with Amanda at the same time. I was finally able to put in some significant time working on the Jaws sculpt that I've had in the works for over a year, I worked on Medusa andI worked on my first painted final of my MW3 Dunny which is coming along nicely and is almost finished. I also went to Costco for the very first time. That place is humongous. I piked up a copy of Drive on DVD to go with my newly acquired Mondo poster. Amanda bought me a new pair of Polo sunglasses for Valentines Day. I went to the High Museum of Art to try and catch Kaws doing his live painting that was supposed to go the whole week and it turned out he finished it in like 2 days...so it was already done. But I did get to see that and the triptych that was installed in the main atrium. It is amazing. The colors are so vibrant and it almost reminds me of a modernized Cubist painting. I love it. Went to Barnes and Noble and bought a new guide book on Hawaii so Amanda and I can best plan our honeymoon which I hope will be a bit of an unplanned adventure... but I'm not sure how on board Amanda is with that. We won our soccer game against one of the top teams in the league, and we had lunch at Mellow Mushroom which makes some of the best pizza in Atlanta.

I want this cat sculpt to me reminiscent of the Coarse sculpts so it is a bit exaggerated. Still some work to be done but I am very pleased so far.











Still have the face to do and alot of detail, as well as the inner figure.





No comments:

Post a Comment