About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Print

There's yet another show this weekend. Because of Cinco de Mayo there was no show at the beginning of the month so there are back to back shows. Trying something I've never done with a print and hopefully it doesn't go afoul...I'm attempting a 4 color build print, meaning I took a photograph and did the separations in photoshop and will be printing semi transparent inks in a CMYK build, with a 5th color on top that is intended to be a spot varnish, so essentially a clear layer over the black that will give it a gloss black on black look.

The headliner is a band named Nigredo which means "The dark night of the soul" and I immediately though of space. I found this super dope image of the horizon over earth and all the black space just looked perfect to me. Gonna be a smaller run of 16 this time around and hopefully I can get the registration perfect on these. I'm adding registration marks for once and not gonna try and eyeball it anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment