About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Opti-Mummy and Mummy Bee

This is something a little different. Super7 is hosting a Mummy Boy paint contest at their store debuting next Saturday the 28th and I had time to paint up 2 submissions for the show: 1 Mascot and 1 pocket. I haven't painted alot of soft vinyl and unlike most of the work I do these are only themed by their color palette and nothing more. Most Super 7 figures have typical Japanese-like color sprays and I can't think of a single figure they did in a rub style, so we'll see how my paint application goes over with the judges of the show. Having finished several 3A pieces just a few months back I carried over that application technique to these 2 figures and I'm very happy with how they turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment