About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Mini-Munny Hexadecimal

I've been a bit quiet lately because I've been slaving away to finish a few things including this. This is a Mini-Munny based on the character Hexadecimal from the television show Reboot. In the show Hex showed her moods and emotions by swapping an innumerable amount of masks during the cut scenes. I believe you rarely if ever saw her change her mask, it would cut away from her and next thing you know she went from happy to insane in an instant. So for this figure I wanted to make it so the figure would have a docking station for a universal mask plate so you could literally change out the faces on the figure. We started out with 5, but I left it open for the collector to be able to order more masks. I sculpted 1 mask, made a silicon mold and cast 5 exact duplicates and since I still have the mold I could create more at any time. The 5 initial faces are happy, sad, skeptical, surprised and insane. In addition to the figure I made this custom box that acts as a housing and a vehicle to display the 5 faces. There is a magnet buried in the walls of the box so once the box is unfolded Hex stands in the center and her 4 extra faces adorn the walls beside her. Private commission.



No comments:

Post a Comment