About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dead Lines

Often times people tell me I'm crazy when I tell them the things I do to meet deadlines. The most common of those things is ignoring sleep. But realistically what're you supposed to do when there is work to be done and only so much time left to finish. I guess you could think back a few weeks ago and say "I wish I hadn't wasted that day at the movies," or "I should have stayed home that night," but deadlines don't really work that way. Even if I had stayed home that night I would still have stayed up all night and would still find myself sitting at work having been up since 10:30 last night (I squeezed in a few hours on the couch with Amanda after work). And I ask the question again, What are you SUPPOSED to do. Just go to sleep and accept that you missed the deadline? Well, I don't do that. When shit's gotta get done, you do what you gotta do. And guess what... the figure is done and it is the shit. Pics to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment