About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

9 days to go

 9 days to go til I need to finish my cardboard bot. Made some great progress last night. I decided to start from the feet and work my way up to the collar that I had already made. I showed the digital drawing that I am using as a go by but for something like this you kinda have to improvise as you go along and in that way it is slow going.... having to determine each panels side lengths angles and all the geometry. I will post a pic when I come back from lunch.

On a side note, is it just me or are the boards super dead lately? Noone is really talking about anything intriguing or interesting. There aren't even any of the typical bitching or cyclical nonsensical threads from noobs. It's kinda disappointing to see the boards in this state. The typical arc for most collectors is they move onto different things after finding out about KR but at this point it seems like there isn't much of an influx of new intelligent collectors or else they just aren't saying anything. I find it a bit annoying that the type of person that bails on KR for other boards that are considered "cooler" tend to have this elitist attitude about whatever it is they collect. Some of these other boards have a gestapo mentality. If you're new, Fuck you, and if you don't follow the unwritten rules, fuck off. KR might be annoying sometimes but for one reason or another I gravitate back there and right now seems to be the dullest and least active it's been since I joined almost 6 years ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment