About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Back

I was out of town for a week and I need to get back on schedule. It's hard to not just be lazy after a week of being at the beach drinking beer most of the day and napping whenever you feel like it. Oh, and my sister got married. So it wasn't just a random excursion smack dab in the middle of a month that  demands alot of work get done. Right before I left I ordered all the parts I needed for building my own pressure pot and it is done! Now I can cast my own flawless clear resin pieces.

What you've got here is an air compressor and a paint pot. A paint pot is intended for using with a pneumatic paint gun, like one might use to paint a house. Instead of attaching the hose where the paint would leave the pot I closed it off with a pressure gauge. Add in a few other things like another pressure gauge with a regulator, an inline dessicant and a ball valve and what you've got is your very own DIY pressure pot. I will be doing the first tests this weekend on the recasts of my Fresh Batch Dunny's and after that it's on to Skerpent.


No comments:

Post a Comment