About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Raid Redemption


If you've never heard of The Raid Redemption...well, here ya go. The Raid is a martial arts film made in Indonesia and features the  indigenous fighting style of the country — Penchak Silat. I'm a big fan of really good marital arts films dating back to my love of Bruce Lee and this one definitely does not disappoint. The basic plot of the film is a swat team infiltrates a building in search of a crime lord... but the entire building is inhabited by other nasty types and criminals. Things go seriously wrong right away and the fight begins. At first there are alot of gun fights which are kinda cool on their own but the good stuff begins when they're all out of bullets and everyone starts fighting with knives, machetes and their bare hands. I think it's tough to directly compare fight sequences between films and try and say which is better but I'd have to say the fight choreography in The Raid is absolutely fantastic. I watched it twice in the same night. If you like martial arts films you have to go and check this out. 

On a side note I will be posting some new customs I just finished this week as well as the updated list of what's currently being worked on.



No comments:

Post a Comment