About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Back In The Swing of Things

I've been back for over a week now and am very much enjoying working on customs and projects again but I just can't seem to shake what it was like to be in Hawai'i. It's not just the fact that it is an amazing place all in itself but even more so it is the fact that my family is tied to the islands and has been for a very long time. This was the 2nd time that we have attended the family reunion and this time round it was impressed upon me even more how connected we really are. My grandmother had 13 siblings and almost all of them had children who now have children who in some cases also have children. They live all over the state of Hawai'i and across the main land as well. Seeing where my father came from and thus where I came from struck home and though I am still struggling to actually see myself living there and accomplishing all the same things I intend to here I still can't keep my mind from thinking about this....



The sunsets from Kona on the Big Island are spectacular...awe inspiring. Made me think about what I'm doing with my life professionally and how or what I could do different to make more of a difference. Or at least do something more worth while then pushing Soda. That doesn't mean I'm gonna do anything about it. The truth about life is you need to make ends meet and you make the bes tof your opportunities and I'm grateful for what I have and who I have to share that with...but you sometimes wonder if there is more and how to get there.


Anyway... I've got some exciting things in the works right now. I've got all the commissions that have been backing up because of that stupid wedding I was involved in ;) plus I have a couple other cool things in the works. My first production piece is currently being designed. It's not a Dunny but it will be part of an upcoming series by another company that is doing some pretty great things right now. I recently got a few blanks from them and they're actually very cool. I'm also part of a custom series that just happens to be on the same platforms but those won't be dropping til next year. There is also a group show I'm working on a piece for that will be at Gunzo in September... I think. If you liked my Super Mario pieces from a few years ago then you'll definitely dig what I have in the works.

I know I'm behind everyone and I can't thank you enough for being patient while I got married. From here on out I do not see any reason your pieces will not be flying out my door so just wait a little bit longer and I promise it'll be worth the wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment