About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey Day

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone and I'd like to think I'll have some time to work but Christmas is right around the corner. I actually have NO Christmas projects this year which is actually a relief. I always make the deadlines but it tends to be a bit more stressful if I have stuff that has to be done. I have a few things that are tentative for the holidays but nothing that is a gift for someone.

I finished the Old vs. New Kidrobot Mascot figures I did and those went off without a hitch. I have to commend the guys running it, Pat and Sekure D, as they are saving money by having each artist ship AND I got paid like the day after the sale.... unlike MW which has turned into a giant cluster fuck. Mostly due to "He who shall not be named!" Who is nowhere to be found yet a box or 2 will be shipped each day. Dudes been ignoring everyones messages and still owes a couple grand to various artists. My feeling is that money is long gone. I don't know if it's medical bills, taxes or maybe even drugs... but it is completely FUBAR and unless someone goes to LA and punched him in the face and takes back the rest of the figures I don't think there's anything we can do.

Moving forward, I have a close friend here in town that has taken an interest in me finishing more work so he has become my motivational manager. We sort of made up that moniker since he's really just my friend who encourages me to work instead of doing really anything else. Hhahahah. So far it's working out but I have alot to do and we'll see if I can chip away at this pile before the end of the year.

I've got alot on my desk right now but I'm hoping to finish these by the end of the year:

Thor/Captain America/Iron Man resin piece

3" Dunny's

Muppets - Floyd, Animal, Lips
Breaking Bad - Jesse and Walt
Spartan
Voldemort
Hellboy
Adventure Time - Bubblegum and Marceline
Perseus
Birro Mutations x2

These much larger projects are in the works will most likely go into the new year

Other

Sarcophagus
Jaws
Paw x 2

And I have many more projects than just those so if you're not on the list....fear not. I've got everything in queue there's just alot to list.

No comments:

Post a Comment