About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Repairs

Over time I've undoubtedly gotten better at making customs. My style has evolved, my technique has improved and I've learned alot over the last 3–4 years. So it's really not a surprise when some of my early pieces need some repairs and lifetime repairs are included in the initial cost. I have a few that I need to fix and here are 2 classics that I just dropped off with their original owner.


















Before and after. There was quite a bit of damage on Toads head so I had to dig alot of the not quite cured sculpey outta there, fix the sculpt and repaint almost the entire head. I also repainted the blue and the white on his body so there was some repaint there as well.

Luigi just had some slight damage on his neck socket so I repaired that and didn't have to do alot of repainting. You can see my lines have become less random and a bit more bold. I think my current style is definitely a step up but you can clearly see how it has developed. 
In April it will be 3 years since the Chomping at the Bit show.


For those of you waiting on repairs...they will go out before the end of the year.

Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment