About Me

I am a professional graphic designer and right now I am moon lighting as a toy customizer. Every waking minute outside of work I commit to painting and sculpting custom toys.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jurassic....what a coincidence.

So I love dinosaurs. One of the first customs I ever did was Munnysaurus Wrecks...which is sort of Wrecks' dad and after that I did a Dunnyceratops and a Munny-Raptor. I still own all 3 of these pieces as there was a combined love for them by me and dis-interest by others. So when I started thinking about the decals for Wrecks I wanted to include some hand-written note type things as if the human soldiers he fights aside did it...and I thought "Michael Crichton was here" would be clever and a shout out to one of my original literary inspirations. I did some quick research on Crichton because I knew he died recently and low and behold... He died on November 4, the same day as the opening of the 3A show in San Francisco. It will be 3 years to the day that Crichton died of throat cancer. It was a sign to me that Wrecks is gonna be the shit and all of my customs will go over amazingly.

Hoping to do the final shoot of the rest of the finished bots tonight. Man I'm strapped for time... and I have to host goddamn trivia tonight too. Best stay sober or else the late night photo shoot will turn into a not so late bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment